Phase 1: Idea Abstract
Nov. 29, 2016 – April 3, 2017, 5 p.m.
- The Phase 1 idea abstract submission is due by 5 p.m. (CST) on April 3, 2017.
- Entries should be roughly 250 words (or no more than 1,400 characters – including spaces).
- All entries must be submitted in one of four categories, based on the age of the contestant: 9th grade and under, 10th grade, 11th grade or 12th grade. For team entries, the category is decided by the oldest student on the team.
Phase 2: Executive Summary
April 17, 2016 – May 8, 2016, 5 p.m.
- Entries that advance to Phase 2 of the competition will submit an Executive Summary.
- Phase 2 submissions are due by 5 p.m. (CST) on May 8, 2016.
- Entries should be no more than 1,000 words (or no more than 6,200 characters – including spaces).
* The end of each phase is followed by about one week of judging. At the conclusion of the judging period, students can log into their YES accounts to view the judges’ feedback.
*Category winners will be announced in June 2017.